All school staff and administration attended the school safety training held on each of their campuses on Tuesday, August 7th, 2018. The training focused on learning to recognize warning signs or behavior and addressing it before it escalates. Officers from the Pinellas County Sheriff’s office led the training providing information about past incidents, guidance on how they could have been avoided or dealt with.
As a result of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act a number of safety measures have been put into place at all schools, including Plato Academy to comply with new legislation, which has resulted in changes to the daily operations at all our campuses. All staff have and will be participating in safety training before students begin and will continue to do so throughout the school year.
Summary of changes:
* Students will participate in monthly age-appropriate active assailant training.
* Each campus will have a Guardian Security Officer on site.
* All Plato Academy staff will be trained annually on Run-Hide-Fight by law enforcement.
* All exterior gates must remain locked during school hours .
* Parents will be allowed to walk students to classrooms the first week of school, Aug. 13-17, only. Beginning on Aug. 20, parents must drop off their children at the front gate, front office or car circle.
* All visitors must be cleared to enter the secure area of the school and be escorted by a member of staff while on campus (the exception being volunteers with level 2 state clearance).
* Plato Academy Schools have added additional counselors.
* Our schools will be implementing a partnership with Sandy Hook Promise. Their mission is to promote research-based programs and practices to help protect children from gun violence in homes, schools and communities.
* New student crime watch programs will be in place at every campus.
Good afternoon Trinity families,
Beginning Monday, August 13th, Plato Academy Trinity will be held at Generations Christian Church located at 1540 Little Road, Trinity 34655. Doors will open at 7:00 a.m. offering before care. Using the back car circle, carline will be held from 8:15-8:40 a.m. and pick up from 3:10-3:30 p.m. using the back car circle. Aftercare will be available until 5:30 p.m.
We understand that this is not an ideal situation, however, it is out of our control. What is in our control is the education of our students. We are here to ensure your child receives a superior education in a safe and nurturing environment.
Plato Academy has had many successes. Our successes have been made not in the absence of challenges but by overcoming our challenges.
We are eager and excited to have you all join us at the temporary location of Generations Christian Church for a wonderful start to the 2018-2019 school year.
Plato Academy Trinity temporary location
Good afternoon Plato Academy Trinity Families,
We hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready for Back to School!
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we must cancel the Open House scheduled for tomorrow, August 9th.
Teachers have been hard at work preparing for the school year, expectations, and lesson plans. They will be emailing their Open House packets with classroom information and expectations to you tomorrow.
We invite you to stop by on the first day of school to meet your child’s teacher and see the campus. Another opportunity to see the campus will be at our Curriculum Night scheduled for Monday, August 20th between 5:30-7:00 p.m.
We apologize for the inconvenience. We are excited about a wonderful 2018-2019 school year and look forward to seeing you soon!
Tested teaching strategies for the classroom
Collaborative Grouping, Mapping
Latest strategies and techniques in teaching reading and comprehension
Enhancing teaching by implementing the latest tech tools in the classroom
Tech Tools & STEAM in the Classroom
Hands On Equations (Interactive activities that help students understand equations)
Differentiating Using Math Daily Three
Enrichment & Rigor for All Students
Differentiation in the classroom (helping students by working with them at their level)
Integrating iStation resources into Whole Group & Center Instruction
Dyslexia: Change the Narrative: 1 in 5
SeeSaw & Quizlet in the Classroom
Using ISIP for benchmarking and progress monitoring
Growth Mindset in the school environment
These seminars that take place before the beginning of a school year are always a great opportunity to introduce our new teachers while we meet again our old staff members.
Teachers are getting their classrooms ready for Open House on Thursday, August 9th and are looking forward to meeting their new students!
Training Sessions Schedule.
As Plato Academy Schools grow so do the needs for new educators. We have some very enthusiastic and excited teachers joining the Plato Family this year. The annual beginning of year teacher training on August 1st was a great opportunity to meet the new teams and introduce to each other.
The training was focused on the following subjects:
– Plato Academy Schools Culture and Expectations
– Pacing, standards & Power Standards, Item specifications
– Identify school and community resources,
– Rules, routines, school policies, Plato culture, and expectations,
– Plato PLC and Collaborative ways of sharing areas of strength and concerns,
– Curriculum, Plato Academy & Pinellas County Schools resources
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the main training for all Plato teachers and administrators on August 2nd.