Plato compared to other public schools
At Plato, the students are not just another number as in most public schools. The small school and class sizes create a family environment that affords individualized attention and care. At Plato, teaching time is maximized as disruptions are minimized. We offer additional instruction in Greek, music, and art.
Plato compared to private schools
Unlike private schools, Plato is highly accountable for its performance to the local school district and Florida Department of Education. In contrast to most private schools, all of Plato’s teachers are certified and are paid at the highest competitive level.
14 Reasons to choose Plato Academy Schools:
- Tuition-free, small K-8 school setting teaching family values
- Individualized instruction, small class sizes
- Challenging curriculum, nurturing environment, firm and fair discipline
- Highly qualified, enthusiastic, and nurturing teachers
- We are heavily invested in educational technology using Interactive Boards, iPads, Robotics, laptops, and individualised online resources for all students
- Among the highest FSA scores in the state
- Daily PE, recess, and instruction in Greek as second language
- Organized sports (Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Flag Football)
- Our parents are highly involved in our students’ education
- Mandatory uniform policy promotes equity
- Four educational field trips each year
- Pre-School available on campus
- Great before & after care enrichment programs
- Tutoring in reading, writing, mathematics & Greek
Plato Academy’s Dedicated Teachers
Our teachers are dedicated to the development of the whole child and engage in interactive and fun activities with each child to help support their social, emotional, physical and academic growth.
A Plato Academy teacher has the ability to understand all learning styles and be able to teach to all of them while having high expectations for all of their students and inspire them to have their own standards. They are able to keep calm in any situation and be fair and consistent in grading and discipline. Our teachers communicate with parents of every student through newsletters, personal notes, phone calls and conferences to keep them involved in their child’s learning processes.
Plato Academy is an independent Pinellas County public charter school governed by an independent board. Charter schools are autonomous, innovative public schools demonstrating a record of higher student achievement and greater accountability for results. As such, Plato has the ability to set its own rules, policies, procedures, and curriculum. Our policies mirror those of area fundamental schools that include adherence to a strict discipline policy, mandatory uniforms, parent involvement, and individualized, optimum classroom instruction.
The mission of the Plato Academy Charter Schools is to assist students in achieving their full potential by requiring and nurturing high academic and behavioral standards in a safe, supporting, challenging, and enthusiastic environment, providing a well-rounded K-8 education fortified by a study of the Greek language and culture, and fostered by a commitment and cooperative effort among the school, students, parents, and community: our family.
The vision of Plato Academy Charter Schools is to progress as a family in which all are teachers and learners and are empowered and encouraged to exceed expectations, resulting in successful graduates ready to advance into their next stage of life, equipped with a well-rounded K-8 education fortified by the study of the Greek language and culture, and excited about continuing to achieve their full potential.
© 2020 Plato Academy Charter Schools. All rights reserved.