Reasons to choose Plato Academy
- 1. Tuition-free private school setting teaching family values
- 2. Individualized instruction, small class sizes
- 3. Challenging curriculum, nurturing environment, firm and fair discipline
- 4. Florida certified teachers
- 5. Implementing 1:1 take-home iPad initiative
- 6. Smartboards in all classrooms – first in the State of Florida
- 7. Among the highest FCAT scores in the state
- 8. Instruction in Greek as second language
- 9. Organized sports
- 10. Parent participation required
- 11. Mandatory uniform policy
- 12. Several educational field trips each year
- 13. Pre-School available on campus
- 14. Great before & after care enrichment programs
- 15. Tutoring in reading, writing, mathematics & Greek
A Plato Academy teacher has the ability To understand all learning styles and be able to teach to all of them while having high standards for all of their students and inspire them to have their own standards. They are able to keep calm in any situation and be fair and consistent in grading and discipline. Our teachers communicate with parents of every student through newsletters, personal notes, phone calls and conferences to keep them involved in their child’s learning processes.
Plato Academy is an independent Pinellas County public charter school governed by an independent board. Charter schools are autonomous, innovative public schools demonstrating a record of higher student achievement and greater accountability for results. As such, Plato has the ability to set its own rules, policies, procedures, and curriculum. Our policies mirror those of area fundamental schools that include adherence to a strict discipline policy, mandatory uniforms, parent involvement, and individualized, optimum classroom instruction.
The mission of Plato Academy Charter Schools is to assist students in achieving their full potential by requiring and nurturing high academic and behavioral standards in a safe, supporting, challenging and enthusiastic environment fostered by a commitment and cooperative effort between the school, students, parents, and community.
Plato Academy Schools are all fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and schools as managed by AdvancED. SACS provides nationally recognized accreditation, the purpose of which is continuous school improvement focused on increasing student performance. To earn accreditation, schools must meet SACS CASI’s high standards, be evaluated by a team of professionals from outside the school and implement a continuous process of school improvement.