May 14, 2020
Thank you all for the thoughtfulness and kindness for our teachers last week! Teachers certainly felt loved and appreciated! Thank you for your continued support, especially during this new format of school. I keep telling the teachers they switched to digital learning seamlessly, but we could not have done it without you. Thank you. Thank you for your cooperation, patience and partnership. #ArgonautProud
May 13, 2020
Plato Academy Pinellas Park on Amazon Smile
PTO has set up a simple fundraiser through Amazon. When shopping on Amazon, please go through the link listed below. It doesn’t change anything on your end, yet it gives a small percentage back to Plato Pinellas Park. Use the link below to shop and give back to PAPP PTO!
April 21, 2020
PTO Executive Board positions nominations.
Below is each position and a description of duties. If you are interested in running for an executive board position, please let Mrs. Cunningham know.
PTO members characteristics
* Desire to serve the PTO, the school, the families, and ultimately, the students
* Understanding of the organization’s mission
* Effective communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Team player
* Time requirements: minimum of three executive board meetings and a minimum of three general meetings for the year; other meetings as needed
- Preside at general PTO meetings and executive board meetings
- Serve as the primary contact to the principal and have regular check-in meetings with school administration
- Finalize activities calendar with school administration
- Update signature cards at the bank
- Prepare and lead executive meetings and general meetings
Assist the president and perform the duties of the president if president is absent or unable to serve
Participate in executive board meetings and provide input for decisions
Participate in executive board meetings and general meetings
Assist in scheduling of spirit nights and other fundraiser events
- Prepare agendas for general meetings
- Participate in executive board meetings and provide input for decisions
- Put to motion any votes, and record votes, during general meetings
- Record and distribute minutes for executive meetings and general meetings
- Maintain records of the PTO, including but not limited to minutes, agendas, etc.
- Manage communications and marketing for the PTO, including but not limited to newsletters, emails broadcasts, etc.
- Participate in executive and general meetings
- Develop a budget with the executive board
- Create PTO treasurer report at executive and general meetings
- Reconcile checkbook
- Collect fundraising money, membership dues, etc.
- Write checks for purchases and reimbursements
- Make deposits in a timely fashion
- Preserve financial records and organizes books for annual audit
Click on the “+GoogleCalendar” button (bottom right side of the calendar) to add the school events to your Google account.
of Plato Academy
I am very excited about this school year! I have been a part of the Plato family for many years as a parent, teacher and assistant principal. I am truly honored to be the principal of PAPP. I have twenty-three years of experience in the field of education. I received my Bachelor’s from the University of Georgia and my masters from Nova Southeastern.
There are many opportunities that await us this school year. Whether it is participating in a new club, joining a sports team, being part of the student council, I look forward to seeing how every student can contribute to the Argonaut family.
Parents also play an important role in Argonaut family success. I encourage parents to take time each day to talk with their child about his/her school day and to take an active role in his/her education. Set up a homework-friendly area that will allow your child to excel; read together nightly. Complete the process for level 2 clearance so you can actively participate in field trips. We will also have many opportunities for parents to volunteer throughout the year. Finally, be sure to get your Portal – p. – account information through the front office.
I am looking forward to getting to know you this year. Lets’ have an INCREDIBLE year!
The mission of Plato Academy Charter Schools is to assist students in achieving their full potential by requiring and nurturing high academic and behavioral standards in a safe, supporting, challenging, and enthusiastic environment, providing a well-rounded K-8 education fortified by a study of the Greek language and culture, and fostered by a commitment and cooperative effort among the school, students, parents, and community: our family.
The vision of the Plato Academy Charter Schools is to progress as a family in which all are teachers and learners and are empowered and encouraged to exceed expectations, resulting in successful graduates ready to advance into their next stage of life, equipped with a well-rounded K-8 education fortified by the study of the Greek language and culture, and excited about continuing to achieve their full potential.
Plato Academy Schools are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and schools as managed by AdvancED. SACS provides nationally recognized accreditation, the purpose of which is continuous school improvement focused on increasing student performance. To earn accreditation, schools must meet SACS CASI’s high standards, be evaluated by a team of professionals from outside the school and implement a continuous process of school improvement.